Children’s Review Team (CRT)
What is the Children’s Review Team (CRT)?
CRT increases the accessibility of every child to receive appropriate mental health services and to help them enjoy a strong quality of life within their family and community units. CRT uses a multi-systems approach based on Child and Adolescent Social Service Program (CASSP) principles and believes in the resiliency of every child and family. You can expect:
- The child and family in need of assistance will always be treated with respect and dignity
- The family will be connected to a family mentor should additional advocacy support be needed
- Everyone’s voice will be valued and heard.
Who is eligible for CRT?
- Children/adolescents between the ages of five and 21 who are being considered for RTF placement
- Residents of Chester County
- Those who have or are in the process of obtaining medical assistance (MA)
Who can make a CRT referral?
Anyone can make a referral for CRT:
- Family members
- Social workers/case managers
- Mental health workers
What services are provided?
- Psychiatric/psychological evaluation: an evaluation conducted within the last 30 days recommending placement is needed for a residential treatment facility (RTF) or Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC)
- An initial call is made to the CRT team at (610) 650-7750, extension 285
- CRT coordinates an Interagency Services Planning Team (ISPT) meeting
- ISPT reviews child’s strengths, current concerns, and past interventions
- An information packet is submitted to Community Care Behavioral Health (CCBH) for review
- CRT monitors child’s progress in placement while assisting family and facility with discharge plans